[HowTo] How to reset a FreePBX administrator password
If you forget your administrator login information for FreePBX, there is a simple way to log in and reset it. You will need your current root password to proceed with this tutorial.
- Log into your FreePBX server via SSH as the root user, using a tool such as PuTTY on Windows, or Terminal on Mac.
- Next, bring up your FreePBX web interface in a web browser. Once the page has loaded, press Ctrl + A on your keyboard to highlight everything on the page.
- Locate the unique session ID on the left side of the screen, and copy this string. It will look something like this: igg56njsp8bi0h4odqnupsq963
- In your PuTTY or terminal window, type the following (be sure to replace the unique string with your own, and press enter):
- In your web browser, refresh the login page and you will be automatically logged in.
- Visit Admin -> Administrators and select your user on the right side of the page. At this point you can reset your password.
[root@pbx ~]# amportal a u igg56njsp8bi0h4odqnupsq963
Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php..
If you don’t have your current root password or would like assistance with resetting your FreePBX administrator password, just open up a ticket with our support team and we will be happy to help.
If you need any assistance resetting your password please feel free to open a support ticket by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your root password and issue/concern. One of our engineers will review your ticket and reply with additional information.